'Nakation All I Ever Wanted…'

Posted February 22, 2008 by Heather Gilbert

Aanrnakations Well, it looks as if my packing crisis has been solved. I was recently sent an email from my friends at the American Association for Nude Recreation espousing the virtues of a nude vacation, or as they’ve cleverly coined, a “nakation.” The nakation, they claim, “makes good fiscal sense” now that airlines are charging extra for checked bags. Yes … I’m listening. Tempting, for sure. But the thing of it is, everyone is n-u-d-e. Now don’t get me wrong, I heart the idea of setting off on a nakation with just a small carry-on (after all, what can you possibly need to pack?) and checking nothing but my inhibitions, but in reality, I’m just not sure this is anything I could actually muster the courage to do. But if you’ve got a nakation in your future, more power to you. And more sunscreen.

(Photo courtesy of aanr.com)

The most disconcerting thing about the AANR site is the fear it in instilled in me about my future--more specifically about the future of my butt. I didn't realize the tragic toll gravity takes on the rear end!!

I'm all for trying new things, getting in touch with your body, and no tan lines, but I don't think I'm ready to hop on the nakation bandwagon.

Posted on February 22, 2008 at 12:30 PM by Erin

Somewhere Belinda Carlisle and the rest of the Go-Go's are smiling....

Posted on February 22, 2008 at 12:30 PM by Jeff

I went on a nakation and ended up in the hospital...nuff said.

Posted on February 24, 2008 at 05:51 PM by justin and joe

I've been on a couple of naturist vacations, or "nakations," before, and I found that they were physically, spiritually and emotionally renewing and relaxing. One of the "vacations" was at a naturist resort, where I got to help out around the place by mowing the lawn, and cleaning up around the property, all done sans clothing! I have to say "yes" to this type of vacation.

And, considering all of the security issues we are having, nude flights (such as is happening in Austria and Germany) would be a real time-saver. The security personnel at all the world's airports would have an eye-full, but the waits to get through security would be shorter and less discriminatory (especially between the passengers). After all, when the clothes come off, ALL men are created equal!

Posted on February 27, 2008 at 11:12 PM by Michael

Vacationing at clothing optional and nudist resorts now cleverly called nakations is one of the fastest growing trends in the travel industry according to Forbes magazine.

And I know what I am talking about as my wife and I own The Terra Cotta Inn clothing optional resort in sunny Palm Springs, CA http://sunnyfun.com

Until you vacation at a clothing optional resort, you will never realize how relaxing vacations can really be and also how much fun. We have one of the highest occupancy rates of ALL hotels in Palm Springs.

Everyone should try a nakation.

Posted on March 03, 2008 at 01:44 AM by Tom Mulhall

Although my wife was a little hesitant at first, she is now the one who insists on going back. We love Sun Meadow Resort in North Idaho.

Posted on January 14, 2009 at 05:29 PM by Tom