Posted March 12, 2008 by SmarterTravel.com
Continental Airlines lists four airports as its hubs: Newark (EWR), Houston (IAH), Cleveland (CLE), and—drumroll, please—Guam (GUM)! In fact, Continental just celebrated its 40th anniversary of service to Guam!
To honor the occasion, I thought I'd let you in on some fun travel and tourism tidbits about Guam. Did you know:
- The CIA’s 2007 population estimate for Guam was 173,456?
- That Guam is home to an airport with an unpaved runway (and four with paved ones)?
- Three decent malls (Micronesia Mall, Guam Premier Outlets, and Agana Shopping Center) are responsible for a large portion of Guam’s tourism and economy?
- Craigslist is even available in Guam?
- Flights to Guam represented just 0.03% of all BookingBuddy user searches in February?
- According to the same data, Las Vegas is the 10th most popular departure airport for flights to Guam?
- The Guam Bureau of Statistics and Plans, lists “Fish, Chilled, Fresh, Frozen, Dried, and Salted” as the number one commodity for the last half of 2007 to the tun[a] of $12.9 million?
- The supposed wreckage site of Oceanic Flight 815 from the television series Lost is only a mere 2,514 miles away from Guam? (Lost theorists … GO!)
Okay, that was REALLY random (yet Guamtastic).
Users are solely responsible for the content of the comments posted. Comments are subject to the terms and conditions and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of bookingbuddy.com. Bookingbuddy.com does not control or endorse the content, messages or information posted.
The comments to this entry are closed.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Continental Airlines and Guam Celebrate 40th Anniversary: